Welcome to your new Optimize.
As you might have noticed, things look and feel a little different. 🤓
And THANK YOU
in advance for being patient + kind + supportive while that happens! 🤗 🙏
Update: You HAVE been astonishingly encouraging and patient and kind and supportive. We've had close to 1,000 conversations and the VAST majority (approximately 99.7%) have been approached in an AWESOME way. You've said things like: "Thank you and like the new platform and the organization of modules with related material, so much easier to navigate." And "Thanks so much for all you are doing to make people's lives better." And "I have really admired Brian’s passion and all the hard work that your team provides to make Optimize 'Best in Class.' Thanks."
The most significant updates happened under the hood. The entire platform (web, mobile web, and our apps) are now powered by a completely new infrastructure (55,363 new lines of code!) built to deliver every piece of content (over 17,555 unique assets!) faster and more reliably.
(IMPORTANT NOTE: If/when you experience an inevitable hiccup, un-squashed bug rearing its head 🐛 , or confusion (Celebrate it!) we appreciate both your patience and support in getting the new Optimize running at full speed. 🏎️ Just reach out to our top-rated Community Astonishment team and let us know how we can help.)
Along with (and because of) the new architecture, you’ll be getting several new membership features, including a personalized Dashboard, curated learning journeys called Missions, and a place to see Stats on your progress.
Plus (and this is perhaps the most exciting thing!) we’ll be able to create and introduce new features and additional improvements at a much faster pace.
Here’s the rough timeline:
Phase I: September 8th
- New infrastructure with stability and performance upgrades
- Improvements to Search
- Dashboard, Missions, and Stats (web and mobile web)
- Continuity in membership data, including: Favorites, Completed, Lists
Phase II: Ongoing
- Find and squash bugs (more on that below!)
- Dashboard, Missions, and Stats (Mobile apps)
- Additional awards and badges
- Additional Missions
- Continued performance enhancements
Phase III: Future
- Custom saved lists
- Tiered favorites (1-3 hearts)
- Inbox and platform synchronization
- Additional member suggested and requested features
If you have a feature you'd love to see, let us know!
And, if you found a bug 🐛, please let us know here!
Thanks for being part of this community and committing to express the best version of yourself more and more consistently.
With LOVE (+ Wisdom + Self-Mastery + Courage + Hope + Gratitude + Curiosity + Zest)
P.S. We'll take a quick look at some of the new features below! First, here's an update on a few of the bugs that have been found and fixed, as well as known issues we're still working on.
- Dashboard: Increased loading speeds by a significant margin.
- Missions Dashboard: Increased loading speeds.
- Coach Dashboard: Improved queries to increase speed by over 10x. (!!!)
- Loading Notices: We added notes to Dashboard pages to make it more clear when they're loading.
- Server Errors: Optimized our database to increase speed and significantly reduce server errors—during login or otherwise.
- Coach Training Series Videos: Now fully-functional.
- Advanced Coach access: Fixed an issue preventing Lifetime Coaches and Continuing Coaches pursuing Advanced levels from accessing their Modules.
- Core Membership Access: We’ve re-granted access to premium content for a subset of Members who lost access. If you’re still seeing locked content that you think you should have access to, please let us know here. (Note: this does not pertain to those who are getting a “Server Error” during login. We’re aware of this problem, are working on a fix, and appreciate your continued patience.)
- Corporate Members: If you lost access, it has been fixed.
- Missions Icons: Now display properly on both the Missions Page and within individual Missions.
- Class V & Class VI Coaches: If you were previously unable to access the Coach Dashboard, you should be able to now.
- Mastery Series Module O: Works. (It temporarily returned a Server Error.)
- Class III Coaches: Your access to the Coach program has been extended through September 30th.
- Homepage → Dashboard: If you’re logged in, clicking “Optimize” or navigating to optimize.me redirects you to your relevant Dashboard.
- Android Signups: No longer get a 404 error.
- Other: Membership purchase page has an updated logo, guides images on the Coach page now scale properly.
Additional obstacles we’re working to conquer. We’ll provide additional information (including timelines, etc.) as we know more. Including:
1 - Mobile Signup Errors: New members have reported issues joining Optimize via iOS/Android.
- Current status: Working on a fix.
- In the meantime: Join at optimize.me/membership via your mobile browser
2 - MyList Data: Some Optimizers have reported that their MyList data (Favorites, Completed, and Saved for Later) isn't displaying properly.
- Current status: We have all previous data stored and will be re-synchronizing next week.
- In the meantime: Continue Optimizing!
3 - MyList on Mobile: Some Optimizers have reported inconsistent MyList data between Web and mobile.
- Current status: Under investigation.
- In the meantime: Your phone’s mobile browser will display the same data as web.
4 - Additional Assets on Coach Practices and Coaching Tools: Worksheets and other related assets are not displaying correctly for Coaches.
- Current status: Known issue in line to be fixed.
- In the meantime: Direct links to all additional assets have been sent via email. (If you didn’t receive that note, just let the team know here.)
Thanks again for your continued patience and encouragement as we get the new Optimize running at full speed. 🏎️
Now... onto those new features!
Dashboard: your one-touch jumping off point into the next piece of life-changing wisdom on your Optimizing journey. You’ll find each day’s featured wisdom (both the PhilosophersNote and the +1) as well as a new personalized “Up Next” section, and the option to choose your next Mission.
Navigation & Menus: When you’re in your personalized Optimize experience (including Dashboard, Coach, Missions, Favorites, Completed, etc.), you’ll find a quick-access menu in the left sidebar, as seen above. Any time you’re exploring other parts of the site (listing pages, specific content, etc.) just click/tap on your photo in the top right to bring up that same menu.
(Note: Don’t see an image, or want to change it? Update it via Gravatar.)
Plus, hit the Wisdom drop down to browse the library by +1s, PhilosophersNotes, 101s, Missions, or All.
Missions: Curated learning journeys with the most-essential wisdom to get you Optimizing and actualizing faster than ever before. Pick your next Mission from the listing, complete the contents, and earn a shiny badge!
Search: Faster and more accurate results every time you search, including on mobile.
Last updated on 09/12/21 at 10:10am ET